Easter Heart

Easter Heart

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

The Creative Process, Artist Notebook, Drawings and Doodles...

November 7, 2017

Part of my daily practice is to scribble and dream. I enjoy this process immensely. It is a form of diving into the well. Ideas form from this practice that both activate my imagination and free it. Drawings can have a life of their own. And they can become the blueprints for paintings or sculptures.

For the last month, I thought a lot about waves and high seas, their forms and energies, imagining them as if they were beings traversing the oceans.

This week, I have been thinking about swans...



"Three Swans" (Ink on Paper)

SOLD



















"Swan" (Drawing in Marker on Paper)

SOLD


I've only recently begun to put drawings up for sale. They have always been the backbone of the ideas that form into paintings and sculptures.







 October 2017

Wm and I collaborated on this the other night. When you live with another artist, there can be a synergy that is simply lovely.With the crumpled paper, we worked with both topical shapes and shadows inside the sculptural shape of the torn paper as well as the drawn designs.



"Orange Doodle with Wm"






"Momma said there'd be days like this. There'd be days like this my Mama said"





"Anatomy of a Hurricane"

No comments:

Post a Comment